1. Take 1 gm of PAC sample.
2. Add 10 ml of 1 Normality HCL acid and hand stir for 10 minutes.
3. Add 20 ml of Distilled water.
4. Add 1 drop of phenolphthalein indicator.
5. Neutralize with 1 Normality Sodium Hydroxide solution(approx. 10 ml) in Magnetic stirrer.
6. Add 160 ml of 96 % Alcohol (either Methanol or Ethanol) in magnetic stirrer (slow & steady addition).
7. Take an empty G3 Filter Crucible (sintered glass crucible) and weigh it. This is the starting weight of the Crucible.
8. Filter the solution in the Crucible in vaccum pump.
9. Then wash with 100 ml of Alcohol in a Vaccum Pump till the removal of Chloride content.
10. Dry at 105 degree celcius in an Oven for minimum 2 hrs.
11. Take the dry Crucible weight.
12. Then calculate the % Purity by the following calculation.
Purity = Dry weight * 100 / Starting weight.