HOSEA CHEM®Polyanionic cellulose PAC is used in oil and natural gas drilling, well digging and other projects
Drilling fluid and completion fluid technology is an important part of petroleum drilling engineering, which plays a key role in ensuring safe, high-quality and fast drilling.
As a kind of treatment agent used to adjust the performance of drilling fluid and completion fluid, the role of polyanionic cellulose is currently mainly reflected in filtration reduction and viscosity increase.
The main mechanisms of polyanionic cellulose PAC for reducing fluid loss are:
1. Improve the coalescence stability of the system by forming an adsorption solvation layer on the surface of the clay particles of the drilling fluid;
2. Prevent the clay fine particles from becoming larger by protecting the clay fine particles;
3. Reduce the permeability of the mud cake by increasing the viscosity of the filtrate and blocking the pores.
4. Polyanionic cellulose PAC is easily dispersed in all water-based drilling fluids, from fresh water to saturated brine drilling fluids.
5. In low-solid phase and non-solid phase drilling fluids, it can significantly reduce the filtration loss and the thickness of the mud cake, and has a strong inhibitory effect on shale hydration.
6. Compared with the conventional HOSEA CHEM® sodium carboxymethyl cellulose CMC, it can achieve the maximum economic benefit with the least amount under proper application.