1.Product introduction of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
CAS : 9004-62-0
Molecular Formula: (C2H6O2)n
EINECS No.: 618-387-5
Place of Origin:Shandong, China (Mainland)
Brand Name: Hosea Chem®
Another name: HEC; Hydroxyethyl cellulose ether; Hydroxyethyl ether cellulose; Natrosol; Natrosol 240JR; Natrosol 250 H; Natrosol 250 HHR; Natrosol 250 M; Natrosol L 250; Natrosol LR.
Hosea Chem® HEC is a non-ionic soluble cellulose ethers, hot and cold water can be dissolved, with thickening, suspension, adhesion, emulsification, film, water and protective colloid properties. Widely used in paints, cosmetics, oil drilling and other industries.
2. Product Parameter(Specification) of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
Physical and chemical index
white or yellowish powder
Loss on drying
min. 98% pass through 100 mesh
300cps-150000cps, 2% solution
3.Product Feature And Application of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
1）Application Guide for the coatings industry
(1) High thickening effect
a. HoseaChem Hydroxyethyl Cellulose as latex paints, especially high-PVA coating, providing excellent coating properties. Paint a thick paste, it will not produce flocculation.
b. HoseaChem Hydroxyethyl Cellulose has a higher thickening effect. can reduce the amount of formula to improve the economy, while improving the performance of paint abrasion.
(2) Excellent rheological properties
a. HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose aqueous solution of non-newtonian system, the performance of their solution have called thixotropy.
b. In the stationary state, the product is completely dissolved, the best coating system to maintain shape and cans thickening state.
c. In the dump state, the system to maintain moderate viscosity, making the product has excellent liquidity, and does not splash.
d. Brushing and roller coating, the product is easy to spread in the substrate. Facilitate the construction. At the same time, have a good anti-splash.
e. Finally, when the paint coating is completed, the viscosity immediately resume, paint immediate sag resistance.
(3) Dispersion and solubility
a. HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose are dissolved after a delay in processing, in the case of dry powder added, can effectively prevent caking. Ensure that HEC powder fully dispersed, began to hydration.
b. After proper surface treatment of HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, a good adjustment of the dissolution rate and viscosity of the product increased speed.
(4) Storage stability
HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose has good mildew performance, provide sufficient time for the paint store. Effective prevention and treatment of pigments and filler sedimentation.
Coating industry recommend the use of various grades of HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Viscosity (2% solution, 25℃)
Remark: S —> Surface treatment, SE —> Enzyme resistance
2) Application Guide for the cosmetics industry
(1) Cosmetics level HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose has good mildew performance, thickening and rheology modification system function, good water retention, film formation, to give the final product full of visual effects and all the necessary application performance .
(2) HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose through the production process of fine extract, to minimize the residual solvent and residual on ignition.
(3) After surface treatment of HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose with cold water soluble, dry powder can be used directly to water. Good dispersion of the product in water to avoid the product knot groups, dissolved uneven happen. Final solution uniform, continuous and full.
(4) HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose thickening effect in addition to providing the necessary and rheological properties, but also has good color acceptance.
Cosmetics industry uses HOSEACHEM grade Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Viscosity (2% solution, 25℃)
Remark: CMT —> cosmetic grade
3) Oil industry Application Guide
(1) HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose thickening agent can be used as oil well workover fluid and cementing agent. Help to provide clarification of the low fixed content solution, thus greatly reducing the structural damage to the wells.The use of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose thickening fluid easily acids,
enzymes or oxidants decomposition, greatly improving the ability to recover hydrocarbons.
(2) Fluid in the well, HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose is used as proppant carrier. These liquids can be easily through the process of cracking.
(3) Hydroxyethyl Cellulose configuration using drilling fluid, based on its low solids content, can effectively increase drilling stability. These properties can be used to inhibit the fluid medium to high hardness of the rock and heavy shale or shale drilling.
(4) Reinforcement in the cement operations, HOSEACHEM Hydroxyethyl Cellulose slurry can reduce the hydraulic friction, the loss of rock to minimize water loss.
Oil industry use Headcel grade Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Viscosity (2% solution, 25℃)
Remark: DR —> Oil drilling grade
HEC is used as adhesives, surfactants, colloidal protectors, dispersants, emulsifiers and dispersion stabilizers.It is widely used in paint, ink, fiber, dyeing, paper making, cosmetics, pesticide, mineral processing, oil recovery and medicine and other fields.
1) Hydroxyethyl cellulose is generally used as thickener, protectant, adhesive, stabilizer and additive for preparing emulsions, gels, ointments, lotions, eye cleansers, suppositories and tablets. It is also used as hydrophilic gels, skeleton materials, preparation of skeleton type sustained-release preparations, and can also be used as food stabilizer.
2) Used as sizing agent in textile industry, bonding, thickening, emulsifying and stabilizing additives in electronic and light industry sectors.
3) HEC can be used as thickener and fluid loss reducer for water-based drilling fluid and completion fluid, and has obvious thickening effect in brine drilling fluid.It can also be used as fluid loss reducer for oil well cement.It can be cross-linked with polyvalent metal ions to form a gel.
4) HEC is used for fracturing of oil water - based gel fracturing fluid, polystyrene and polyvinyl chloride polymerization of dispersant.It can also be used as emulsion thickening agent in paint industry, humidity sensitive resistor in electronics industry, cement coagulant and water retention agent in construction industry.Ceramic industry glazing and toothpaste adhesives.It is also widely used in printing and dyeing, textile, papermaking, medicine, hygiene, food, cigarette, pesticide and fire extinguishing agent, etc.
5) As a surfactant, colloid protectant, vinyl chloride, vinyl acetate and other emulsifying stabilizer emulsion, as well as emulsion viscosity increasing agent, dispersant, dispersion stabilizer, etc.Widely used in coating, fiber, dyeing, paper, cosmetics, medicine, pesticide and other aspects.In oil mining, machinery industry also has many uses.
6) Hydroxyethyl cellulose has surface activity, thickening, suspension, adhesion, emulsification, film formation, dispersion, water retention and protection in pharmaceutical solid and liquid preparations.
7) HEC is used for the exploitation of oil water - based gel fracturing fluid, polyvinyl chloride and polystyrene polymerization of dispersant.It can also be used as emulsion thickening agent in paint industry, cement coagulant and water retention agent in construction industry, glaze agent and toothpaste adhesive in ceramic industry.It is also widely used in printing and dyeing, textile, paper making, medicine, hygiene, food, cigarette and pesticide industries.
Including many types: Building materials, Paint and coatings, Personal care, Cosmetics, Oil drilling ,Pharmaceuticals.
4.Product Details of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
HEC is white powdery solid, non-toxic, tasteless, easily soluble in water. Insoluble in common organic solvents.
5.Product Qualification of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
With the best prices, good quality, and good service, Hosea Chem® Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) are highly recognized and praised by our customers. Meantime, we provide technical support of each product and marketing competition survey to help customers further enlarge their business easily.
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose is a series of non-ionic soluble cellulose ether,which can be dissolved in hot or cold water, and has the characteristics of thickening, suspending, adhesive,emulsion,film coating and super absorbent polymers protective colloid,which is widely used in paints,cosmetics,oil drilling and other industries.
6.Deliver, Shipping And Serving of Hydroxyethyl cellulose
Packaging: 25 KG per woven bag made with compound woven fabric and inner PE bag.
20'FCL:12 tons with pallets or 14 tons without pallets;
40'FCL:24 tons with pallets or 28 tons without pallets.
Storage: Prevent rain and sunny, prevent fire and damp, airtight ventilation preservation, according to non-dangerous goods shipping
Delivery Detail: 2 weeks after confirm order.
Shipping: by sea.
Ⅰ. over 10 years of export trading experience.
Ⅱ. 7x24 hours custome service, help you to solve your questions anytime you want.
Ⅲ. Arrange the orders and shipping with cus requests in time, According to the different countries export policy provide complete customs clearance documents.
Ⅳ. Provide a price trend, ensure the clients can know about marketing informations in time.
Ⅴ. Fast response, fast service .Emails will be replied in 12 hours. Ensure your questions will be answered in time.
Q1.What's the payment terms?
T/T or L/C.
Q2.What's the shelf life for the cargos?
Our product's shelf life is 2 years, which is based on dry and ventilated storage.
Q3.What's the delivery time?
We usually deliver the cargos within 10~25 days after receiving customer's prepayment and original LC.
Q4.What documents can we supply?
Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of analysis, Certificate of Origin, Health Certificate issued by CIQ with embassy legalized, Bill of Loading etc.
The documents will be sent by Express within 24 hours against your full payment.